10.10.11

Routine...

It's half past 11 and the fact that I am:

1. Up
2. Showered
3. Dressed
4. Eating Breakfast
5. And blogging

is a bit of an accomplishment. For the past weeks I've gotten into a horrible routine of sleeping till noon, only to struggle up and watch episodes of Outnumbered on BBC iplayer for another hour, before dragging my lazy butt out of bed to make breakfast, at 1300 mind you, and finally deciding to 'get serious' about my day at 1600. (That was 1pm and 3pm for you Americans. Believe me, adjusting to "Military Time" was difficult.)

The last time I had this much free time was when I was in the womb.

So, I made a deal with myself. I'm allowed one day a week to lounge but the rest of the week, I should be up, showered, dressed and ready for the day by 10:30 a.m. There is way too much to do, see and experience for me to be lounging around in my PJ's all day. I live in London folks. L-O-N-D-O-N.

So this morning, as my alarm clock went off at 10a.m. and I awoke to the sounds of the children across the street in Catholic school playing, I showered, made my bed opened my windows and enjoyed it. This is my life now and I plan to fit in as much as possible.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! You sound like me!! So have you started the MA program yet? How do you like it? Share some photos of your gallivanting around London, ok?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...