7.10.11

The sweetness of this life...

I'm currently lying in my bed  at 2 in the afternoon, with a scarf wrapped around my neck and 'loo roll' next to me snuggled up in my down comforter listening to Miles Davis. I'm feeling a bit under the weather. Obviously.

It's almost been a month since I've moved to London and I still can't believe that  I Live here.  I have the pleasure of calling this lovely city home.

I've tried to journal, to get my feelings down on paper, to remember the little moments that make me  smile, and capture my thoughts, but I'm almost always writing the same sentences:
"I can't believe I am here."
"I am so blessed."
"I live in London!!"
...and since none of that is particularly profound, I try my best to Live in each moment, to savour conversations, laugh easily, and see everything.

I've made some friendships that I know will last a lifetime. I indulge a little more in wine. I ride on red double decker buses everyday.  I'm constantly surrounded by people from all over the world who can speak at least three languages. And, my vocabulary is slightly changing as well. I mean I just called toilet paper, 'loo roll.' I walk everywhere now, and even though the cold is starting to come, I don't care.

I've had moments of homesickness and boredom but I can't imagine living any other way right now. I have this overall sense of freedom, something that I don't think I've ever felt before.  Each day I stretch and smile to realize that this is not a dream. This is my life. And I'm more blessed than I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...