21.3.12

what's best



It's taken me a long time to understand the concept of, 'Do what's best for you.'
Whenever making decisions I inevitably felt the pressures of what was expected of me, what others would think and not what was in my best interest.

Today is different.

Instead of going on another work placement I realized that I needed a break. My body was breaking down, a cold yet again, I was tired, irritable and drained. I just couldn't handle facing another day of run around errands, endless internet searches and the hustle of commuting in and out of London.

And so, I didn't.

I made the proper contacts with the office to let them know that I wouldn't be able to make it. And then, I let it go. I allowed my self to rest. I cleaned and organized my flat a bit, I took a long walk and I ended up here at Starbucks, working on various projects. Passion projects that I now have the time to really focus on.  I cannot tell you how good it feels friends.

I'm finally learning to listen to my body, mind and spirit. When things start feeling out of whack, it's because they probably are. What a simple and powerful truth.
{instagram: my other office - Starbucks}

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you my love. That's sometimes really tough to do when you have obligations and feel like you can't take the time for you. But a big girl decision. Enjoy your day. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...