9.2.12

Working girls & Coffee


So, let's talk about my internship. For the past three days I have been waking up at 6:45 a.m., commuting into Central London with thousands of others and working within the publishing field. And, it has definitely been a work experience. Little did I know how green I was to the publishing industry. There are so many intricacies to the business, so many contacts to be made, contracts to be signed, manuscripts to be read, things to be filed, calls to answered and yes the occasional cup of tea or coffee to be made. 

I've enjoyed it, but it's also raised questions many questions. And the one that excites and worries me the most is: Do I really picture myself working for someone else for the rest of my life? The answer is a resounding NO, and while I know that I can't start and run a successful business overnight, I know that I can aim for it, plan for it, and make it a reality in the future. And of course I have doubts and apprehensions, I have loads of them, but I also know that if I didn't at least try, go for it and give it all that I got then I would forever wonder, which for me would be heartbreaking. 

So I'm learning everything that I can while at this work placement. Soaking it all in because I just know one day I will need every skill that I've learned. 

By the way, this picture was taken at the cute pub around the corner from my office. Everyday I walk by they have a snappy sayings on their chalkboard outside. Today, it said something to the effect of... 'Hey it's -4 degrees outside. That's still warmer than Zurich, Austria, Germany, Sweden, Russia.....' Their signs make me laugh out loud on a regular basis so the the other day I popped in for a cup of coffee, sat by the fireplace and enjoyed my book. It was the perfect coffee break. 

2 comments:

  1. You live the most romantic life. At least judging by your gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a perfect coffee break, indeed :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...