9.3.11

Becoming a princess over coffee

The other night, I grabbed a cup of Starbucks with one of my guy friends. There were a few things that I had going on and I needed a males point of view. I texted him to see if he was free and he responded with a  "Yes ma'am" and we made plans for 6p.m.

While driving over to meet him, I suddenly became a little nervous. This was the first time that we had hung out one on one...What would I say and what were my issues again?

But as we started talking all of my nerves quickly fell away and what ended up happening was pretty amazing.

To have a man look me in my eyes  and tell me that he understands my struggles - that he will be my friend - that he will treat me with the utmost respect - that he won't cross any boundaries with me and that he intends to treat me like God's daughter and the princess that I was mind blowing.

 {photo via:pinterest}

He looked across the table in the crowded Starbucks and asked me,

"So, how do you feel?"

I looked him in his eyes, smiled and said,

"I've always wanted a friend like you."

3 comments:

  1. The way you describe this moment almost makes me want to be called a princess too! :) What a heartwarming moment. I honestly think there is nothing more beautiful than a godly man. I am glad you can call this one "friend" and that he has made a commitment to honor you as a woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this story...so cute!!!! I have a guy friend like that...so nice for us!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice having awesome friends like that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...